Many pet dogs enjoy eating fruit. But please note that not every type of fruit is suitable for dogs. Fruits are not low in sugar and should not always be given to your dog. Feeding your dog fresh and correct fruit occasionally can also help to build up their fitness.
Fruits that dogs can eat
- Honey melon: prevents cataracts in dogs when eaten properly.
- Pears: Proper consumption can prevent heart disease in dogs.
- Blueberries: Properly consumed to help prevent organ oxidation in dogs.
- Watermelon: Can hydrate your dog when eaten properly.
- Apples: Appropriate consumption can promote intestinal health in dogs.
- Papaya: Adequately consumed to help lubricate the dog's intestinal tract and prevent constipation.
- Strawberries: Adequate consumption helps to balance the dog's nutrition.
- Bananas: A dietary supplement for middle-aged and older dogs.
- Peaches: Appropriate consumption can enhance your dog's gastrointestinal function.
Fruits that are not suitable for dogs
- Pineapple: can easily cause allergies in dogs.
- Persimmon: Can cause intestinal obstruction in dogs.
- Grapes: Can cause chronic kidney failure in dogs.
- Oranges: Can cause vomiting and even diarrhoea in dogs.
- Lychee: can cause fire and obesity in dogs.
- Cherries: Can cause direct death in dogs (very dangerous).
- Avocado: Can cause vomiting in dogs.
- Passion fruit: can easily irritate the dog's stomach and cause gastrointestinal distress.
- Star fruit: can put a heavy burden on the dog's kidneys.
These are some of the common fruits that dogs can or cannot eat, so be sure to choose the right fruit for your dog.